The Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) surgery is a cosmetic surgery designed to enhance the shape and size of the buttocks. This procedure involves a combination of Liposuction (4D ultrasound liposculpture – the latest technology in Liposuction), and fat is removed from the desired areas. (different body areas such as the abdomen, thighs, and back.) The extracted fat is then washed, processed and re-injected into the buttocks to smoothen any irregularities and add volume. BBL surgery is a relatively simple procedure that can be completed within a few hours.
Is BBL Surgery for Me?
It’s important to note that BBL surgery is not suitable for everyone. Patients with a history of blood clotting disorders, certain medical conditions, or pregnancy or breastfeeding should avoid this procedure. Additionally, patients who are significantly overweight or have a high body mass index may not be good candidates for BBL surgery. It’s important to discuss your options with Dr Deon to determine if BBL surgery is right for you.
This surgery might be suitable for those bothered by the following:
- A desire for fuller, more shapely buttocks;
- Excess fat in areas such as the abdomen, thighs, and back that can be used for fat transfer;
- Good overall health and a stable weight;
Benefits of BBL Surgery
BBL surgery is a popular procedure for a reason. Here are some of the benefits of BBL surgery:
- Enhanced Buttocks Appearance: The BBL surgery can help improve the shape and size of the buttocks, giving them a more natural and fuller appearance.
- Customizable Results: BBL surgery is a customizable procedure, meaning that the surgery and results can be tailored to meet the patient’s specific needs and desires.
- Dual Benefits of Liposuction and Fat Transfer: BBL surgery involves two procedures, Liposuction, and fat transfer, providing a double benefit to the patient.
- Long-Lasting Results: The results of the BBL surgery are long-lasting and can last several years.
How is BBL Surgery Performed?
Overall, BBL surgery typically takes 2-4 hours to complete, depending on the amount of fat being harvested and injected. This surgical treatment involves a two-step procedure that involves Liposuction and fat transfer.
During the first step, excess fat from areas such as the abdomen, thighs, and back is removed by using a cannula is performed under general anaesthesia, and small incisions are made in the skin to allow the cannula to suction out the fat. The areas are carefully sculpted to ensure a natural appearance.
The harvested fat is processed and purified in the second step to remove impurities. Then, using a small cannula, the purified fat is carefully injected into the buttocks in different areas to create a more natural and proportionate appearance. Small incisions are made in the buttocks to allow the cannula to inject the fat layer by layer. Close attention is paid to the patient’s desired outcome, ensuring the buttocks are lifted and shaped proportionally. Once the fat has been injected, the incisions will be closed with sutures, and the patient will wear a compression garment to reduce swelling and promote healing.
Healing And Recovery?
The BBL recovery period can take several weeks, and patients are advised to avoid any strenuous physical activity during this time to ensure proper healing.