It’s great to see that more than ever we are celebrating the beauty of the female curve, and none more so than a shapely buttock. The shape and proportion of a person’s buttocks are largely determined by genetics; both your skeletal structure and how your body stores fat influence the appearance of the lower body. A healthy diet and exercise can work to achieve a healthy body weight and tone the muscles, but many patients remain unhappy with a “flat” buttocks that lacks shape, despite a healthy lifestyle.
Brazilian Butt Lift surgery can help overcome the effects of genetics by reshaping the buttocks and surrounding areas, such as the hips, lower back, and thighs.
What is a Brazilian butt lift?
A Brazilian Butt Lift is a specialized fat transfer procedure that augments the size and shape of the buttocks without implants. Excess fat is removed from the hips, abdomen, lower back, or thighs with liposuction, and a portion of this fat is then strategically injected into the buttocks.
A skilled board-certified Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon can improve the proportions of the entire lower body with Brazilian Butt Lift surgery, helping a patient lose fat in common “problem areas” and enhance the buttocks, with results lasting many years.
Why have a Brazilian butt lift?
You might consider a Brazilian butt lift to:
- Enhance the curves of your lower body
- Reduce fat pockets on your hips, thighs or belly while adding fullness to the buttocks
- Help clothing fit more attractively
- Give a more youthful, aesthetically pleasing shape to flat buttocks
- Enhance your overall proportions by improving the balance between your upper and lower body
Are you a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift?
A Brazilian butt lift can be a great option to improve the shape and size of the buttocks; however, certain patients are better suited to the procedure, and it is important to have realistic expectations about the surgery, recovery, and results. In general, you are likely a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift if you agree with the following:
- You want a buttock augmentation without implants
- You have good skin tone in the hips and buttocks
- You have adequate fat stores in other areas to harvest for injection into the buttocks
- You are willing and able to avoid sitting directly on your buttocks for several weeks
Despite its name, a Brazilian butt lift is not a traditional “lifting” procedure—it does not address loose skin on the buttocks. If you are bothered by excess, sagging skin on the buttocks or thighs, thigh & buttock lift surgery may be a more suitable option.
My Pro Tip:
Brazilian Butt Lift results are meant to last for many years. Fat cells removed with liposuction will not return to the area, and fat cells that survive transfer to the buttocks will remain for years to come. However, significant weight fluctuations can affect your results, so maintain a stable weight to keep your results looking their best.