This is a surgical procedure performed by breast augmentation surgeons in Johannesburg and is also referred to as a “boob job”. This procedure increases the size of the breasts or to create better symmetry between them. This usually involves placing an implant either under the breast tissue or the chest muscle behind the breast. Dr Deon Weyers will discuss your desired outcome and possible breast augmentation approaches to achieve your desired result. Options to discuss include:
- Desired size – read more about B Lite Silicone Implants on our blog.
- Possible incision areas
- Type of implant (textured vs. smooth; round vs. anatomical)
- Personal limitations (skin quality, current breast size, tissue coverage)
Is this Surgery for Me?
If you have:
- Uneven size of breasts
- Small breasts
- Loss of shape and volume in the breasts
- Congenital deformity of the breast
Healing and recovery
Bruising will subside 1 to 2 weeks post surgery, the majority of swelling will subside 8 weeks post surgery and a full recovery can be expected in up to 6 months. Dr Weyers prefers his patients wearing the post operative bra 6 weeks after surgery and for little exercises to resume after 4 weeks. To find out more on the cost of breast augmentation in Johannesburg, South Africa – contact us!
Read more about Breast Augmentation vs Breast Lift.